To perform a better use of this trac and make it Understandable for all, a charter of use has been defined.
This trac had to be used because it is the central tool to define the priorities of development and to follow the Openspace3D project.
A milestone corresponds to a version of Openspace3D and the corresponding voyager.
The "Openspace3D beta" milestone permits to define the global objectives concerning the platform.
They allow to identify which components is targeted concerning a corresponding tickets.
A ticket could concern several components especially for Openspace3D beta tickets
VM_SO3Engine: 3D Engine Component(SO3Engine)
It could concern a development to modify SO3Engine.dll or to add a functionality into it
ex : Add functions to use stereoscopic rendering
OS3D_PlugIT : Component conerns the development of a new plugIT or a modification of an existing plugIT
The objetive is to define tickets as thematic tickets.
It optimises the project management.
[Particles] Integration of particles system in Openspace3D (it is a global ticket)
A concrete example¶
The following example shows and explains the naming for tickets corresponding to a functionality.
- "We want to develop an Avatar plugIT into Openspace3D"
- The global tickets in Openspace3D beta milestone is :
milestone : Openspace3D beta summary : [Avatar] Add a plugIT to manage avatar. components : VM+OS3D_plugIT
- Into the milestone corresponding to the implementation, we add all "subTickets" corresponding to Avatar plugIT project :
milestone : Openspace3D alpha 0.1.9 summary: [Avatar] Management of bones into 3D Engine Component : VM_SO3Engine
milestone : Openspace3D alpha 0.1.9 summary: [Avatar] Possibility to Add Mesh to a bone into 3D Engine Component : VM_SO3Engine
milestone : Openspace3D alpha 0.1.9 summary: [Avatar] plugIT editor Component : OS3D_plugIT
milestone : Openspace3D alpha 0.1.9 summary: [Avatar] Animation system Component : OS3D_plugIT
Why used this topology?¶
- The global functionality is defined by a project ex : [Avatar]
- The functionallity is cutted in several tickets for the development concerning a particular version of Openspace3D
- Openspace3D beta allow to have a global vision of the final project and a vision of the priorities